Monday, March 3, 2014

Brenda Hired Some Help To Help Her Get Hired!

I received this testimonial today from a very recent client, so I'm going to shamelessly post it here to make me look good (hey, if I can't do it on my own blog, where can I do it!?). 

I enjoyed helping Brenda, because she was enthusiastic and hard working - she made sure to do the preparation and run-throughs beforehand, so she could let her personality shine through and focus on making a connection during the interview itself. After all, employers want to get a sense of WHO they might be working with, not just whether the candidate can do the job. 

I love working with people who are pushing themselves out of their comfort zone.  Over to you, Brenda!

"I got called for a job interview last month and, because it had been 10 years since my last interview, I was feeling extremely nervous. A friend recommended the company No More Nerves and when I called I spoke with Derek Carter.

As it was such a long time since my last interview I didn't know where to start in preparation for it. Derek told me to speak to the HR department, ask them what type of interview it was going to be and who would be interviewing me.   When I found out the type of interview I began my preparations.

I spoke to Derek about the job I was currently doing so when it came to practising examples of each of the competencies Derek was able to remind me about my daily duties and how to incorporate them into my answers. I felt extremely confident after meeting with him.

I spoke with him the night before the interview and he reminded of the key words to use when giving examples. He gave me great advice on how to present myself without being too over the top. The interview was a success and I felt it went really well. I couldn't believe how confident I felt when it was over.

I was asked back for a second interview and again I got in contact with Derek, he explained it would be a more detailed interview and sure enough it was a difficult interview but I managed to get through it and answered all the questions that were fired at me. I kept my composure and remembered Derek's advice that the interviewers were not there to catch me out.

In the end I didn't get the job, it was offered to someone who had more experience but I now feel I would be able to conduct an interview without the fear of messing it up.

I would highly recommend Derek & No More Nerves to anyone who has an interview coming up. My confidence has definitely grown and he made the process stress free. Thanks again Derek."

Well done Brenda - it didn't happen this time, but I'm glad you're ready to rock next time! I know you'll go from strength to strength :-)